ACTIVITIES IN RWANDA;
Activities in Rwanda; Rwanda is a beautiful country with a rich culture and diverse wildlife, offering wide range of activities for visitors to enjoy. Rwanda is a country in East Africa, located between Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Rwanda is a home to over half of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas, and gorilla trekking is one of the most popular activities in the country.
- Visitors can track the gorillas in volcanoes national park, home to over 15 families of gorillas.
- Each trekking group can only have a maximum of 8 people and can spend 1-3 hours with the gorillas. Track these giant creatures with us.
- Rwanda is a home to a variety of wildlife, including elephants, zebras, buffaloes, antelopes and many more.
- Visitors can see the diverse wildlife during game drives that are offered by the national parks in Rwanda. National parks such as Akagera. The game drives take 2-3 hours and can be done either in the morning or Afternoon.
Visitors can also opt for Night game drives to see the nocturnal animals.
- Akagera national park, located in the eastern part of the country, is a popular destination for wildlife viewing, with over 500 species of birds and 13 different types of antelopes.
Hiking and Climbing;
- Rwanda is a home to several hills and mountains, including the famous mount Karisimbi, which is the highest peak in the country.
- Visitors can go hiking and climbing in the beautiful mountains and forests of Rwanda.
- Rwanda has many waterbodies where visitors can have boat rides as they enjoy the scenic beauty of the country.
- Visitors can have boat trips on lake Shakani and lake Ihema. They can also have boat cruises on Lake Kivu, one of the largest lakes in Africa. Visitors can take a boat tour of lake Kivu to see the beautiful islands and villages along the shores.
- Rwanda has a rich culture, with 10 ethnic groups living in the country.
- Visitors can experience the local culture by visiting the traditional villages, where they can learn about the customs and traditions of the local people.
Explore Kigali City;
- Kigali is a neat green city that is surrounded by hills and nice locals.
- During the Kigali city tour, visitors will visit cultural centers, including Ivuka and Niyo art centers, Nyamirambo neighborhood, which is brimming with crafts and arts.
- Visitors can also visit and hike Mount Kigali. This will give the visitors a chance to see the full view of Kigali city.
- Birding in Rwanda can be done any time of the year. The variety vegetation in the country provides a habitat for over 600 species of birds.
- Rwanda has bird species such as Albertine Rift endemics, Rwenzori and Virunga endemics and many additional species.
- Bird watching in Rwanda can be done in the country’s national parks, such as Nyungwe, Volcanoes and Akagera national parks. Birding can also be done in marshlands, marshes and agricultural fields.
OTHER ACTIVITIES IN RWANDA INCLUDE;
- Chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe national park.
- Golden Monkey tracking in volcanoes national park.
- Visiting national museums such as the state house museum.
- Vising tea plantations such as Gisakura and Gisovu tea estate.
- Visit Kigali Genocide Memorial.
- Biking the Congo-Nile Trail.
- Canopy walks and many other activities.
for more information about the activities in Rwanda, check our website @ Inspire African Safari