KIDEPO VALLEY NATIONAL PARK;A SAFARI ADVENTURE IN UGANDA’S WILD HEART.
INTODUCTION TO KIDEPO NATIONAL PARK:
Kidepo valley national park is an isolated and relatively untouched wilderness area located in Karamoja in north-eastern part of Uganda.
The park is famously known for its landscapes, diverse wildlife, and unique cultural encounters. Kidepo valley national park was gazetted as a game reserve in 1958 by the British colonial government. It was later converted into a national park in 1962 by the government of Milton Obote.
FACTS ABOUT KIDEPO VALLEY NATIONAL PARK;
- The park is a beautiful and accessible site and this is because of its semi-arid savannah, seasonal rivers and low mountains.
- The park covers an area of 1442 square kilometers.
- Kidepo valley national park has two seasonal rivers namely; Kidepo and Narus.
- It is considered as Uganda’s most isolated national park because of its remote location.
WHAT TO FIND KIDEPO VALLEY NATIONAL PARK?
- UNIQUE WILDLIFE; Kidepo is a habitat of different kinds of animals including lions, zebras, giraffes, leopards, elephants, cheetahs and numerous species of antelopes.
- BIRD WATCHING; The park is one of the most diverse ecosystem in Africa because it has over 475 bird species.
- GEOGRAPHY AND LANDSCAPE; Kidepo park covers an area of 1442 square kilometers. The park has savannah plains, rugged mountains and lush river valleys.
- CULTURAL ENCOUNTERS; In addition to its natural wonders, the park provides an opportunity to engage with local communities, particularly the Karamojong people. Their rich cultural traditions for example traditional dances, handcrafts and unique ways of life offer a glimpse into the indigenous heritage of the region.
- MOUNT MORUNGOLE; This mountain covers large parts south of the park and is source to Kidepo and Narus rivers. Morungole range is the sacred place and former ancestral home to the IK minority group in Uganda.
ACTIVITIES DONE IN KIDEPO VALLEY NATIONAL PARK:
- GAME DRIVES; Game drives are done with a professional guide and they have three sessions for example; Morning drive that starts at 6am, evening drive that starts at 2pm and night drive. On morning and evening drives you will view animals like elephants, zebras, buffaloes, bat eared foxes among others and at night you will sight nocturnal animals like caracal, wild dogs and others.
- BIRD WATCHING; Kidepo has over 475 recorded species of bird species like savannah, endemic and migratory birds. During your birding safari you should view birds like Karamoja apalis, ostrich and many more.
- CULTURAL TOURS; These will offer you an opportunity to interact with the locals namely the Karamojong and IK people. During this tour you will learn about their culture, way of life, history traditions among others.
- OTHER ACTIVITIES INCLUDE; Nature walks, snapping and watching, hiking though the Morungole mountains and watching the sun set over the Narus valley.
CONCLUSION; Kidepo valley national park is a must visit park for those seeking African safari experience. Explore the hidden wonders of Kidepo with Inspire African Safari and experience its scenic beauty. We organize tours to Kidepo valley national park every year, Kidepo Valley National Park
FOR BOOKINGS MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITESInspire African Safari