LAKE BUNYONYI BASIN, UGANDA’S HIDDEN GEM.
Lake Bunyonyi basin is a freshwater lake located in south-western Uganda. The lake is about 25 kilometers long, 7 kilometers wide and 35,000 feet deep putting it on top of the list as the deepest lake in East Africa.
FUN FACTS ABOUT LAKE BUNYONYI IN UGANDA;
- Lake Bunyonyi basin is considered one of the safest in Africa because it has no hippos and crocodiles.
- It is a home to over 205 species of birds, for example the weaver birds to grey-crowned cranes
ACTIVITIES DONE AT LAKE BUNYONYI:
- Boating and Canoeing; The lakes calm and clear waters are perfect for canoeing and boating. The local people make the canoes by digging into large trees so as to create a depression using axes but they use rowing sticks or motor engines for the canoes to move. Its a serene way to sink in the beautiful scenery.
- Bird Watching; Bunyonyi is the best place to go bird watching because it is a haven to over 205 species of birds. Some of the bird species include; herons, levillant cuckoo, slender-billed baglafetch, egrets among many others. Don’t forget your binoculars!
- Island Hopping; Lake Bunyonyi has 29 unique charming islands and you will use a boat to tour to the islands.
- Nature walks; You can go nature walking because the surroundings of lake Bunyonyi have the rolling hills but one can also opt hiking.
- Local markets; A local market is a place where people come to connect and catch up with others so there are markets around which offer African crafts, and vegetables.
- Visit of the Batwa; This is a group of people found in the forest reserve of “Echuya” in Kabale. They are known for their cultural practices.
- Swimming and Winding down; Lake Bunyonyi’s clean and freshwater is ideal for swimming. The place is a perfect spot for resting because of its good climate and environment.
- Sightseeing and Snapping. The landscapes around the lake are a cameraman’s dream so one can capture the colorful local culture and the waters but not forgetting the terraced hills.
Lake Bunyonyi offers a variety of nature, culture and winding down. This makes it an attractive spot for visitors seeking for diverse experiences in the pearl of Africa.
Explore the beauty of lake Bunyonyi with our experienced guides on Lake Bunyonyi
For more information, please check our sites http://inspiresafaris.com