MOUNTAIN GORILLAS, THE LEADING TOURISM ATTRACTION IN UGANDA.
Mountain Gorillas in Uganda are large primates who are largest living members of the ape family. They are native Africa and are known for their strength and intelligence.
Mountain Gorillas in Uganda are subspecies of the Eastern gorilla[Gorilla beringei beringei]. They are one of the most iconic and endangered wildlife species in the world.
They are found in Bwindi Impenetrable national park and the Mgahinga Gorilla national park. These parks are part of the greater Virunga Massif region.
They are distinguished by there thick fur, which helps them survive in the cold mountainous regions where they reside.
These gentle giants primarily feed on vegetation, including leaves, stems, shoots and fruits. They have a herbivorous diet and spend significant amount of time foraging for food.
Mountain Gorillas live in social groups called troops or bands, led by a dominant silverback male. The silver is responsible for protecting the group and ensuring its well being.
REASONS WHY MOUNTAIN GORILLAS ARE THE LEADING TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN UGANDA:
- Mountain Gorillas are one of the biggest and most powerful living primates. This makes them iconic, attracting many visitors and a leading tourist attraction in Uganda.
- Uganda has the highest population of mountain gorillas. Uganda has over 500 mountain gorillas found in Bwindi Impenetrable and Mgahinga national parks, which attracts many visitors.
- Uganda offers the cheapest mountain gorilla trekking experience. In Uganda a gorilla trekking permit costs $700 per trek per person and this offers you a chance to spend 1 hour experience with these mammals.
- There are two gorilla trekking parks namely, Mgahinga national park and Bwindi national park. These national park have a bigger population of the gorillas making it the leading attraction in Uganda.
- Adequate advertising of mountain gorillas on all social handles has greatly made the gorillas a leading attraction in Uganda. There is readily available information about gorilla trekking and this has created acknowledgement about the animal.
Visit the gorillas in their natural habitats with Inspire African safaris because Inspire African safaris has professional guides who will guide you through out the journey
For more information check our website @Inspire African Safari