A Day Trip To Source of Nile and Itanda falls is one of the shortest Uganda Safaris tours that a traveler can engage in as they decide to explore the Nile in the Pearl of Africa.
Depending on your location in Kampala City, you will be met by your driver-guide to transfer to Jinja. Jinja is one of the best destinations in Uganda most especially for water activities. Most of the visitors go here to experience the Nile and all its offered activities. It is a 3-4 to hours’ drive to Jinja town depending on traffic along Jinja road. Drive through the Lugazi sugar plantations, one of Uganda’s leading sugar-producing companies and Mabira forest which is Uganda’s largest rainforest. Depart Kampala by 6 am and by 10 am, you will have reached Jinja town. Drive to Itanda falls. These are recently discovered falls after Bugalagi falls were transformed into a dam and they are referred to as the hidden treasure. Activities to do while at Itanda include; kayaking, white water rafting, with en-route stopovers. Arrive in Jinja and connect to Itanda falls, explore the falls and return to Jinja town for lunch depending on which activities you will do. After lunch, drive to the source of the Nile. Its worldly know that the flow of the Nile starting from Uganda and specifically Jinja. There is a point on Lake Victoria where you can confirm that source of River Nile. Take a boat trip to the point where John Speke discovered the source of River Nile was discovered. Take an evening boat cruise on Lake Victoria then return to meet your driver to drive back to Kampala in the night. You will be dropped at your own hotel.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Entebbe International Airport|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Arrive by 8:15 AM for a prompt departure at 8:30 AM or Before Travel Date.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 6:30 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
- Explore the source of River Nile in jinja
- Enjoy hiking in Mabira Forest and learn about nature with different tree species.
- No need to plan anything, this is an all-inclusive package
- Enjoy a personalized experience during this private tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies but only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Dress code is formal
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.