Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
Easy for Every Travellers
1 Day Rhino Tracking Tour in Uganda spots you the only Rhinoceros at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, a land expanse of 7,000 hectares with Savannah and wooden vegetation species. Other than the rhinos, the sanctuary is home to a variety of animal, bird and reptile species. Animals that can be spotted at the sanctuary include the kobs, warthogs, monkeys, hippos, waterbucks, and many more. The sanctuary boasts of harboring 350 bird species including Africa’s most sought after bird, the Shoebill stork, among others.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Entebbe International Airport|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Arrive by 8:15 AM for a prompt departure at 8:30 AM or Before Travel Date.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 6:30 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
|Professional Guide||Meals & Accommodation|
|All Fees on safari.||Transportation in 4×4 Van|
|All other things not Mentioned in Itinerary.|
- Explore and Track Rhinos at Ziwa Rhino Santuary.
- Observe local flora and fauna of Africa on this day trip.
- No need to plan anything, this is an all-inclusive package
- Enjoy a personalized experience during this private tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Day 1: 1 Day Rhino tracking tour
Located half way between Kampala and Murchison falls National Park, the drive to the sanctuary usually takes about 2.5 or 3 hours. We depart for the trip at 7:00 am to have a drive through the famous Luweero triangle remembered for the brutal massacres during the Bush war that brought the ruling government into power in 1986. Luweero is our usual stopover point for the purchase of fresh fruits for the day before reaching Nakasongola. Nakasongola is part of the country's cattle corridor and during the drive through, you are able to view cattle grazing the short grasses in open deciduous savannah woodlands. On arrival at the sanctuary, you are briefed about the sanctuary and the Rhino tracking activity with the dos and don'ts. Tracking usually takes 2 hours and on return, we drive to Kabalega Diners for lunch, rest for a few minutes after lunch and there after drive back to Kampala / Entebbe.
Location : Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary